Top to Bottom Home Inspections on the Sunshine Coast, serving Gibsons, Sechelt and surrounding areas.
Our home inspections are preformed to InterNachi Standards of Practice using an electronic reporting system that provides our clients with a detailed easy to understand Report delivered in an honest, straightforward, and objective manner, so you can confidently make the best decision for your unique circumstances. I will report on existing or potential problem conditions, safety issues, prioritize items in need of attention or further investigation, and give you information on the overall condition of the property.
A Home inspection is a visual examination of the accessible features of the property. The two key words are: visual and accessible. These two words mean that we do not perform any destructive testing. We only dismantle things that can easily be reassembled, and anything that we take apart we replace ourselves immediately after examination. For instance removal of electrical panel cover or furnace maintenance cover is included in the scope of home inspection.
I will inspect the following when visible and accessible:
- Roof system
- This includes shingles, roof penetrations and their flashing, soffit and roof vents, fascia board and trim, skylights, gutters and downspout. And yes, I do go on the roof whenever it is possible and safe.
- lot grading and drainage, wall finishes, windows, doors, exterior steps, driveway and walkway, porches, decks, balconies, guard rails and hand rails, attached garage and retaining walls.
- House foundation – basement, crawl space or slab-on-grade, beams, floor joists, support columns, rafters, collar ties, attic trusses and roof sheathing. I make every effort to traverse attic or crawl space whenever it is safe to do so.
- Overhead service entrance, main disconnect, distribution panel and wiring, grounding and bonding, breakers and fuses, outlets and receptacles, lights and their switches, ground-fault and arc-fault protection.
- Heating system
- Forced air furnace, hydronic boiler or heat pump, ducts and pipes, registers or radiators, heat recovery and energy recovery ventilators, filters, valves, local controls or central thermostats.
- Air Conditioning.
- This includes central air conditioner when the outside temperature allows, electrical disconnect, condensation and refrigeration lines. We always measure temperature differential to verify that the unit functions as intended.
- Blown or spray foam insulation in attic, basement and crawl space, vapour barrier or moisture barrier where visible.
- Main water shut-off valve, supply and waste piping, hot water heater, water pressure and flow, all plumbing fixtures, traps, vents, valves and hose bibs.
All interior rooms including bedrooms, closets, hallways, bathrooms, kitchens, counter tops, floors and interior finishes of walls and ceilings.
Each system or component, including the method that was used for its evaluation, is described in detail easy to read format that is complemented by the inspector’s recommendations and notes.
*Over 16,900 active home inspectors trust InterNACHI for training, certification and support.
- The Standards of Practice are a set of guidelines for home inspectors to follow in the performance of their inspections.
- The Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics are recognized by many related professionals as the definitive standard for professional performance in the industry.
Now That You Have Had A Home Inspection Book with every attended paid full fee Home Inspection
Contact me for further information on Home Inspections on the Sunshine Coast ,including
Gibsons , Roberts Creek, Sechelt , Halfmoon Bay and Pender harbor / Maderia Park .